Gooey chocolate dessert from our Cheltenham Food Festival demonstration
Ingredients - Serves 4
125g dark chocolate
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp plain flour
2 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla paste
3 eggs (at room temperature)
Preheat your oven 180c
1. Grease 8 tartlet cases then dust them with plain flour.
2. Place the butter, chocolate & water in a plastic bowl and microwave on full power for 30sec bursts until the chocolate has melted. (Alternatively you can do this over bain marie). Mix well
2. Add the sugar and mix well, then add the flour, cocoa powder & vanilla paste. Mix into smooth. The add the eggs one by one until the mixture is glossy.
3. Pour the mixture into the tartlet tins, then bake in the oven for 10-11minutes. They will look a little underdone in the middle at this stage, but don't worry they will carry on cooking after removing them from the oven and be perfect and gooey once set.
4. Allow to cool (these are best a day after they are made). Garnish with whipped cream flavoured with Kirsch or a flavouring of your choice.