Benjamin's Chocolate Cookies
The perfect combination of a crispy crunchy outside, with a gooey, chewy almost brownie like interior.
You can also double the batch amount and freeze in cookie size portions on a tray before packing into a freezer bag. If cooking from frozen adding 3 minutes to the overall cooking time.
Makes 12 med-large cookies
225g dark chocolate (I use a 67% Mexican one)
30g salted butter
130g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp baking powder
35g plain flour
Sea salt flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 175c Fan or 180c Convection line two baking trays with parchment
- Place chocolate and butter in a bowl and melt in microwave in 30 second burst on full power.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and vanilla until light & fluffy
- Slowly pour the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, whisking all the time, followed by the flour and baking powder
- When fully mixed spoon 12 portions out onto the baking trays leaving plenty of space between each scoop. The mixture will be quite loose at this stage but don’t worry. If you leave it for longer the mixture firms up, but this is not necessary. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes if desired.
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes then allow to cool on the tray before eating
Ring the changes: Add 75g of dried cherries, pecans or chocolate chips after step 4.